The notification no. 10/30/97-R-II issued by the Government of Pakistan Cabinet Secretariat Establishment Division. A notification was issued on 13th May 1998 at Islamabad and the main focus was posting of wife or husband at the same station.
However, these rules are regulations are for those employees of education who perform duties at the same station. Therefore, details of notification are discussed below;
All Ministers/ Divisions
POSTING OF SERVING HUSBAND / WIFE AT THE SAME STATION.
Body of Notificcation:
The undersigned is directed to state that Government has taken note of the socio-economic problems and hardships faced by husbands and wives in Government service due to posting at different stations of duty, and it has been decided to prescribe the following guidelines to facilitate the posting of husband and wife at dame station:
- Where a request is made for posting at a different station in the same department/ Service/ Cadre in which an employee is already serving the request may be accepted subject to availability of a post in the same BPS.
- If a request involves temporary deputation to another department, it may be processed in consultation with the concerned department and may be accepted in the prescribed terms of deputation subject to availability of a post in the same BPS
- When a request is made for permanent transfer to/ absorption in another department/agency, the request may be processed in consultation with the department concerned subject to the condition that in the event of permanent transfer, seniority shall be determine in accordance with Rule 4 of the Civil Servants(Seniority) Rules 1993.
- If there is a tie between two or more Government servants for posting at the same station in the same department of organization the Government servant with greater length of service may be preferred
- Request for posting by a spouse facing serious medical problems may be accorded highest priority.
- Spouse already posted at one station including those posted on deputation beyond the prescribed maximum period may normally not be disturbed without compelling reasons of public interest, Requests for extension of deputation period beyond the permissible limit may be considered with compassion if interests of public service would permit.
2 The above guidelines are subject to the following conditions
- Posting of husband and wife at the same station should not be made by dislocation of any Government servant already serving at a particular station unless his transfer is necessitated by compelling reasons of public interest or within the frame work of general policy of postings and transfers.
- The prescribed selection authority should be consulted in each case.
3 All Government servants whose requests are in Government service may be asked to furnish at the end of every calendar year the particulars of them supposes to their controlling Ministries/ Divisions so as facilitate maintenance of ICP Charts and up-to-date monitoring of the situation.
4 The Above guidelines may be circulated to the autonomous bodies under the charge of Ministries Divisions for adoption with such modification as may be considered necessary.
(M. RAMIZUL HAQ)
Senior Joint Secretary to the
Government of Pakistan