The notification no. 10/30/97-R-2, issued by the Government of Pakistan CCabinet Secretariat Establishment Division. A notification was issued on 17th December 1999 in Islamabad and the main focus was posting of unmarried female government services at the place of residence.
The rules are followed in all the departments of Government. So, the further details of notification are as below;
All Ministers/ Divisions
POSTING OF UNMARRIED FEMALE GOVERNMENT SERVANTS AT THE PLACE OF RESIDENCE OF PARENTS / FAMILY
Body of Notification:
The undersigned is directed to state that it has been brought to the notice of the Government that unmarried female Government servants face socio-economic and security problems when they are posted at stations other than the place of residence of their parents/ family. The Government has taken note of this difficulty and it has been decided to prescribe the following guidelines for dealing with requests of unmarried female Government servants posting at the place of residence of their parents/family.
- Where a request is made for posting at a different station in the same department / Service/ cadre in which an employee is already serving the request may be accepted subject to availability of a post in the same BPS
- If a request involves temporary deputation to another department it may be processed in consultation with the concerned department and may be accepted on the prescribed terms of deputation subject to availability of a post in the same BPS.
- When a request is made for permanent transfer to absorption in another department/ agency the request may be processed in consultation with the department concerned, subject to the condition that in the event of permanent transfer, seniority shall be determined in accordance with Rule 4 of the Civil Servants (Seniority) Rules 1993
- If there a tie between two or more Government servants for posting at the same station in the same department of an organization, the Government servant with greater length of service may be preferred.
- Request for posting by an unmarried female Government servant facing serious medical problems may be accorded highest priority
- Unmarried female Government servants already posted at a station, including those posted on deputation beyond the prescribed maximum period may normally not be disturbed without compelling reasons of public interest. Requests for extension of deputation period beyond the permissible of public service would permit.
2. The above guidelines are subject to the following conditions: –
- Posting of unmarried female Government servants at the station of residence of their parents/family should not be made by dislocation of any Government servant already serving at a particular station unless his transfer is necessitated by compelling reasons of public interest or within the frame work of general policy of posting and transfer.
- The prescribed selection authority should be consulted in each case.
3. It has also been decided that the above guidelines shall also be followed by Autonomous/ Semi-Autonomous Bodies/ Corporations etc. under the control of the Federal Government
SENIOR JOINT SECRETARY