The notification no. FD(SO SR-IV)/1-1/2021-22/Weather Allowance issued by the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Finance Department (Regulations Wing). A notification was issued on 23rd February 2022 at Peshawar and the main focus was a grant of weather allowance to civil servants of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
However, the weather allowance is given to various categories of weather in different areas of KPK. o, details of notification are as below;
Body of Notification:
In Supersession of this Department Notification No. FD (SO SR-II) 2-5/ 2021-22 Weather Allow dated 29-11-2021, the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has been pleased to accord sanction to the grant of Weather Allowance to the Civil Servants of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa with immediate effect as per following rates & days:
|Categorization of Weather||Rates (Rs)||No of Days||Areas|
|Hard / extreme||80||115||Battagram, Buner, Chitral, Upper Dir, Lower Dir, Kohistan Upper, Kohistan Lower, Kolai Pallas Kohistan, Shangla, Swat, Torghar|
|Moderate||50||85/65||85 days Abbottabad, Hangu, Kurram, Malakand, Mansehra, North Waziristan |
65 days Khyber, Mardan, Peshawar
|Warm||15||45||Bajaur, Bannu, Charsadda, DI Khan, Haripur, Karak, Kohat, Lakki Marwat, Mohmmand, Noshera, Orakzai, South Waziristan, Swabi, Tank.|
2. The Weather Allowances shall be admissible to BS-01 to BS-06 in case of Moderate and Warm Areas. However, in the case of extreme Weather Areas, the same allowance shall be extended to all officers/officials at the prescribed rates and duration.
3. The weather Allowance shall not be admissible to the employees working in the vacations departments in all categorized Weather Areas except Class-IV on duty during the admissible period.
4. Consequent upon above the admissibility of Hot & Cold weather Charges shall stand discontinued.
5. The Newly notified rates will be started w. e. f February / March during the current financial year (2021-22) while the same will take effect from December / January each year in the coming financial years.
6. All Autonomous / Semi-autonomous / Medical Teaching Institutions / Other Institutions and Authorities under Provincial Government shall adopt this notification within their respective organizations with the approval of their Competent Forum within their available resources.
Secretary of Govt of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Copy of the above is forwarded for information & necessary action to the
- The Accountant General, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- The Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa